Friday, September 19, 2008

September 11, 2004......


HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!


So September 11th was our 4 year anniversary! (my computer was being fixed from a virus so I'm a little late on the posts ). That 4 years seems like it has flown. We have been through alot in the actual 5 1/2 years we have been together. Only 3 months after we were dating, is when Austin decided to get flown from a tree 80 feet in the air and break his back! obstacle one! lol. He was so lucky he didn't end up paralized which was so close to happening. By that time, Austin and I were already inseperable. That was really scary for me and I stayed by his side the whole time. His Mom and I even bonded together during that time helping eachother wash his private parts in the hospital shower :) lol. I must say, he looked pretty cute in that "turtle shell" he had to wear for 4 months. That following February we went to Hawaii with his family were he proposed to me in the most romantic was on waikiki beach (even though I was embarrased as can be). Then we were married in September of 2004. We immediatley found out we were pregnant with Rileigh (which was planned). After my 1st sonogram I was put on complete bedrest with the risk of pre-term labor due to a shortened cervix. Then just after Christmas we found out my mother was dying of stage 4 lung cancer that had spread throughout her entire body. During this time I spent night and day (while I was "suppose" to be on bedrest) at the hospital with my mother while she had all sorts of tests and what not. after a couple weeks of that, they sent her home and she went back for radiation treatments 2x a week. I had the choice of putting her in a nursing home or moving her in with me. I chose to take care of her myself. I brought my mother to about 2 weeks worth of treatments and a couple of ambulance rides to the hospital before she decided to stop the treatments bc they were making her too ill. So I moved my mother and my sister into my little house in february, and removed one couch to put a hospital bed in my living room for my mother while my sister slept on the other couch. With the help of hospice, my sister and I stayed with my mother 24/7 to care for her. We gave birth to Rileigh in April. Then June 4th 2005 my mother passed away during the night after much progession of the cancer over the past few months. That was a bittersweet day for us. Bitter bc we lost our mother who was just shy of her 36th birthday, but sweet bc we didnt have to watch her suffer anymore, as well as it being hard on us to be confined to our little home filled with people to take care of her. When Rileigh was 5 months old I became prego with Tyler also planned :). After Tyler's birth, we also suffered 2 more deaths in our families.....and now we are prego with number 3! We have overcome so many obstacles in the short years we ahve been together. We really never had "our" time together. But we wouldnt change anything, we know that "our" time will eventually come. It has made our marriage so strong, and having the Gospel in our lives has helped us through everything. We came into eachother's lives at the perfect time for eachother, which I think was all apart of Heavenly Father's plan for us. I couldn't imagine my life without him! We have bettered eachother by being together ♥

2 comments:

Holly Steffen said...

crystal i didnt know any of that about you! i feel like i know you a lot better now.

sheesh you are one mighty strong woman. i am forever in awe.

=]

Beverly B. said...

Congratulations on your anniversary. I think you make an amazing couple.