Wednesday, January 7, 2009

~~36 WEEK APPOINTMENT~~

UPDATE: Today I had my 36 week appt., I am down to weekly appts. now. I went in today and they noticed that my swelling was up, especially in my face. My blood pressure is also up from normal, but still fine. I have gained 6 pounds since my last appt. 2 weeks ago, which is alot......because ofthe fluid I am retaining. I was also measuring a little big, so she decided to have me stick around for a sonogram. At my 38 week appt. she wantsme to see the doctor and have another sono to see if my cervix is induceable, and talk about induction....since she is only an RN she can't make that call. So, i went in and had my sono and here are the results....... the baby's head and belly are measuring at 39 weeks! he's is measuring at 8 lbs 1 oz. His head is down on my cervix, she said he is def. a big baby! As if I didn't know that already! lol. I wasn't able to talk to the RN after my sono since she was in a room. So unless she calls me, my next 2 appts will stay the same. But I def. know they won't allow me to go over! I am hoping that at my 38 week appt. they will decide to induce me if I haven't gone already. We will see ;) I knew he was a big boy! His hair even looks alot lighter which will be a first. Soooooo wish me luck! Hopefully I will go in 1-2 weeks! :) If I am lucky, lol.

7 comments:

Holly Steffen said...

ooOoo exciting! you better keep me updated!!

(i still gotta go for a tour at crouse!)

Anonymous said...

yeah yeah yeah Koby is coming really really soon !!!!!!!!!! :) Try all those silly wives tales they say to bring on labor ... lol... I know people that swear by them but idk it doesnt hurt to try ha ha .... im so excited for you babe... good thing you got to work on the nursery when you did .....Ill be thinking about ya so keep on posting~~~~

Beverly B. said...

Will he be born on your birthday? If not he will be close. Ryan's is three days after mine. Cameron will be 1 on January 24th. Maybe he'll be born then. I just hope for your sake that it will happen soon.

♥The Drake Family♥ said...

my doctor called me and next week they want to talk about induction for the folling week (38 weeks), unless i go on my own. so it will be the week of my bday!

Scott ~ Diane ~ kids said...

He is sooooo cute! I cannot wait for the baby to get here so I can start rocking him :-) Those old wives tales do work but it would be a little uncomfortable for you but I am sure Austin wouldn't mind ~ lol talk to you soon <3 aunt diane

The Kent Family said...

The end is near...little Koby is clearly a Drake baby (huge) lol...I bet you can't wait! Good luck with the delivery..:)

Holly Steffen said...

ugh. yeah. i might have to take parker back in tomorrow.....

totally sucks. you better not get sick. i couldnt imagine being sick and delivering a baby!

i hope we're all better so that we can hold that lil guy whenever he makes his appearance.